DOT Physical Exam In Rahway NJ
Driver Friendly DOT Physical Exam ~ $150.00
Company and Group discounts are available. Call to inquire!
Department of Transportation physicals are never fun, but when you choose the right examiner to perform your physical, you'll have a stress-free exam from a practitioner who truly cares about your well-being. We offer DOT physical exams in Rahway.
Driver Friendly DOT Physical Exam in Rahway NJ
At Dr's Choice, the needs of the patient are always put first, so if you're looking for a DOT physical in Rahway, Linden, Carteret, and surrounding areas you’ve come to the right place. Not only will you get a thorough exam from a certified examiner, but you'll also learn how to make healthier choices for a more balanced life.
Appointment Times – Call (732) 388-4344
Walk-ins are welcome, but to ensure we’ll be available at the time you want, call (732) 388-4344 to set up an appointment with Dr. Zientek for your DOT Physical exam. Contact us.
Monday: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Tuesday: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Wednesday: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Thursday: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Friday: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am to 12:00pm
Dr's Choice Care Center
In the The Dollar Store Shopping Center on St. Georges Avenue, (Route 35) There is plenty of parking for large and small trucks, one half mile from the Rayway Division of Motor Vehicles, DMV
- DOT driver exams: As part of our dedication to comprehensive patient care, Dr's Choice offers DOT exams for commercial driver’s licenses and physicals for drivers who don’t require a CDL but who haul enough weight to require a DOT exam.
- DOT drug and alcohol testing: A basic DOT exam does not include drug and alcohol testing, but it can be performed at the same time as your regular exam if it’s required by your company. Drug and alcohol testing requires a separate test and is not included in the cost of a basic DOT exam.
- Pain management: We’ve seen lots of repetitive strain injuries in the drivers that have come through our clinic. On top of DOT exams for drivers, we also offer regular chiropractic services to help relieve pain in your back, neck, shoulders, hips, and legs.
- Walk-ins and appointments: To make things as convenient for you as possible, our DOT exams are appointment-free, and walk-ins are always welcome. However, you can also schedule an appointment to guarantee availability at a specific time.
Meet the Doctor
Your DOT doctor at Dr's Choice Care Center is Dr. Mark Zientek. He has been working with Commercial Drivers for over 30 years. We have been working with commercial drivers for more than ten years so he understands the importance of you passing your DOT physical exam for your CDL. Our goal at Dr's Choice Care Center is twofold: To support you in protecting your livelihood, and to help you with improved lifestyle choices for your health and for your life. We do our best to help you prepare for your DOT physical exam and make your CDL medical certification as hassle free as possible.
What to Expect During Your DOT Exam
A DOT exam is a simple and hassle-free three-step process that involves taking your medical history, performing the exam, and filling out all the necessary paperwork.
Step One: Medical History
To provide an idea of your general health and family background, you'll be asked to fill out a brief one-page medical history detailing past illnesses, diseases that run in your family, and your overall health.
Step Two: The Exam
Once you’ve provided your medical history our team will review the information you’ve provided, go over any medical conditions you may have, and perform a basic urinalysis test. As part of the exam, he’ll also:
- Measure your height
- Weigh you
- Take your blood pressure and pulse
- Test your range of motion
- Examine your eyes and ears
- Check your breathing
Step Three: Paperwork
The final step in the process is the paperwork. Once your medical history and exam are complete, the office will fill out all the necessary paperwork to process the exam results. When you leave the office, you'll get a copy of the exam to take with you when you get your CDL, and a second copy to give to your company. We’ll also keep a scanned copy of the exam in your file at the office. And after all the paperwork has been processed, you'll get your very own DOT medical card to keep with you at all times when you're driving.
Note: If you need a copy of the DOT exam faxed to your company, please have the fax number handy.
Preparing for Your Physical
A DOT physical at Dr's Choice costs $150.00, mention this ad for a $25.00 discount, and only takes about 30 minutes. We accept cash, all major credit cards, and company checks. To prepare for the exam, compile all your medical records, put together a list of any medical conditions you’ve been diagnosed with, prepare a list of medications and the name of the prescribing doctor, and take note of any medical devices that you require.
On the day of the exam, you'll have to bring all of this with you. Here's a checklist of things you should bring (where applicable):
- Photo identification
- Medical records
- List of medications, including strength and dosage, for both prescription and over-the counter drugs
- Eye glasses
- Hearing aids
- Copy of your most recent stress test (for heart conditions)
- Copy of your latest sleep test result (for sleep apnea)
- Contact information, including names, phone numbers, and fax numbers for all your doctors
Right before your exam: Make sure you drink a glass of water and come in with a full bladder, as you will have to provide a urine sample.
Tips on Managing Your Blood Pressure
We understand that lots of people don’t like doctors, hospitals, and medical exams and that anticipating your appointment may elevate your blood pressure. But we work with drivers all day, and understand how important it is for you to pass your DOT exam. To help prepare yourself for the appointment, here are things you can do in the days and weeks leading up to your exam:
- Take your medication every day as prescribed and on schedule
- If you forget a dose, take it as soon as possible if that’s what your doctor recommends
- Tell our team if you’ve recently missed a dose so that he can recheck your pressure later on or the following day
- Reduce your caffeine, nicotine, sugar, and salt consumption
- Remember that you won’t actually find a single white coat in our clinic!
Feel free to drop by Dr's Choice any time during office hours for a walk-in DOT exam. If you're on a tight schedule and want to make sure there's a spot open, call our team in advance to book an appointment for a DOT physical, a drug and alcohol test, or a regular adjustment.
10:00am - 7:00pm
10:00am - 7:00pm
10:00am - 7:00pm
10:00am - 7:00pm
10:00am - 7:00pm
9:00am - 12:00pm