DOT Physical Exam In Rahway NJ
Driver Friendly DOT Physical Exam ~ $125.00*
At Dr's Choice Care Center we help drivers in need of DOT Physicals in Rahway, Linden, Carteret, and surrounding areas.
Get your CDL medical physical exam in 30 minutes, in 3 EASY STEPS:
-Just bring a smiling face, a way to pay, and a need to pee–
DOT PHYSICAL EXAM
STEP 1. Fill out a 1-page brief health history
STEP 2. Complete your DOT physical exam with doctor Mark Zientek, D.C. who is a medical certified examiner for FMCSA.
- review of brief medical history
- height, weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, range of motion, breathing, eyes, ears
- discuss special medical conditions
- urinalysis for basic urinalysis test
STEP 3. We complete your paperwork. Photo ID required.
- You get a DOT medical card for your CDL to keep with you at all times you are driving.
- You get 2 copies of the DOT physical form, one for your CDL, one for the company. If you need, we will also fax the DOT physical form to your company.
- We will keep a scan copy of your DOT physical form on file at our office.
- Payment is $125.00, mention this ad for a $25.00 discount. Pre-authorized company accounts are welcomed.
Appointment Times – Call (732) 388-4344
Walk-ins are welcome, but to ensure we’ll be available at the time you want, call (732) 388-4344 to set up an appointment with Dr. Zientek for your DOT Physical exam. Contact us.
Monday: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Tuesday: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Wednesday: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Thursday: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Friday: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am to 12:00pm
Dr's Choice Care Center
In the DEALS Shopping Center on St. Georges Avenue, (Route 35) There is plenty of parking for large and small trucks, one half mile from the Rayway Division of Motor Vehicles, DMV
DOT Physical Exam: Things to Plan in Advance:
- If you have a medical condition you’re going to need some paperwork:
- Diabetic Condition – Bring a list of medications and name of prescribing doctor.
- High Blood Pressure - Bring a list of medications and name of prescribing doctor.
- Heart Condition – If you’ve had a heart attack or cardiovascular disease, you’ll need to bring a copy of your last stress test.
- Sleep Apnea – Bring a copy of your latest sleep test results, if you have one.
- Medications – List all the prescription medicines you take, including strength and dosage. If you regularly take over-the counter medications, such as antacids or allergy pills, list them, too.
- Contact information – Have names and phone numbers of your doctors in case you need to call and have them fax missing information.
DOT Physical Exam: Things To Do to Manage Your Blood Pressure:
- Make sure you don’t run out of your prescribed blood-pressure medication.
- Remember to take your medication on schedule. If you forget, most doctors recommend taking your medication as soon as possible.
- If you’re significantly late taking your medication, tell the doctor conducting the DOT physical you forgot to take your regular medication. If your blood pressure is too high, ask to have it rechecked later that day – or even the following day.
- Cutting back on caffeine and nicotine can help improve your blood pressure.
- Reducing the amount of salty foods you eat and avoiding adding salt to your food can also help to lower your blood pressure.
- The week before your DOT physical exam, cut back on coffee, sodas, energy drinks, potato chops, etc, and don’t add salt to your food. Also reduce your use of nicotine as much as possible. Doing this can help lower your blood pressure reading.
The Day of the DOT Physical Exam:
- Remember to bring the medical records you’ve prepared in advance, including your list of medications.
- Remember to bring eye glasses and /or hearing aid (it’s surprising how many people forget this).
- Drink water. Come with a need to pee.
Getting Past ‘White Coat’ Syndrome:
- First off, we understand that this is a very real concern for some drivers.
- Secondly, we work with drivers all day long. We understand that passing your DOT physical exam is important to your continued career and your livelihood, and we’re here to do everything we can to help you.
- Lastly, there are no white coats in our clinic.
Back Pain? Neck Pain? Shoulder Pain? Leg Pain?
Repetitive strain injury builds up over time in long distance drivers. Many drivers come in to see us with back pain. One of the injuries Dr. Zientek sees often is ‘truckers shoulder‘. Others come in with hip and leg pain. Chiropractic adjustment is a key treatment Dr. Zientek uses to help patients get out of pain and improve their ability to perform their work. Our clinic has Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Acupuncture, Physiotherapy to help you get out of pain quickly. If you have pain, ask Dr. Zientek about it. If he can help you he’ll tell you! If it’s not a condition he can help, he’ll tell you that too!
Tips For DOT Physical
At Dr's Choice Care Center we do DOT Physical Exams.
Quick, accurate, and hassle free.
No appointment necessary. Walk-ins are welcome, or call (732) 388-4344 to guarantee a time that works for you.
Your DOT doctor at Dr's Choice Care Center is Dr. Mark Zientek. He has been working with Commercial Drivers for over 30 years. We have been working with commercial drivers for more than ten years so he understands the importance of you passing your DOT physical exam for your CDL. Our goal at Dr's Choice Care Center is twofold: To support you in protecting your livelihood, and to help you with improved lifestyle choices for your health and for your life. We do our best to help you prepare for your DOT physical exam and make your CDL medical certification as hassle free as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call at (732) 388-4344 today!
|Monday||10:00am - 7:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:00am - 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:00am - 7:00pm|
|Thursday||10:00am - 7:00pm|
|Friday||10:00am - 7:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am - 12:00pm|